|A large SSS Turning Gear Clutch (pinion type)
incorporated in a package with a 140MW SSS Clutch in a Gas Turbine
More than 5000 SSS clutches have been supplied to automatically connect/disconnect...
• Gas and steam turbine slow speed turning gears driven by electric
or hydraulic motors
• Gas turbine starting systems using electric motors, hydraulic
motors, diesel engines, expansion turbines, combustion turbines, etc.
• Starter drives to run up electrical generators to synchronous
• SSS Clutches can be supplied for fitting within a gearbox or for
external mounting in their own casing.
• Clutch designs are available which will act as spacer type flexible
couplings to accept misalignment or axial movement of the connected shafts.